When we bring up cleansing the body the first question typically centers around how to detox our body. However, we should first know why it is important to detox the body through cleansing. Let’s break down the who, what, why and how to detox your body. Detoxing not only changes your body. It changes your mind, mood and attitude.
How To Detox Your Body
What are toxins?
Toxins are poisonous substances that build up in the body overtime. Toxins are produced by the body, they come from the food we eat, the water we drink, environmental factors, chemicals used in everyday products or even through the air we breathe. Toxins bombard us daily. Toxins are processed by the body through organs like the kidneys and liver. They are eliminated through sweating, urination or defecation. When these factors overload our body toxic waste builds up.
What Is A Detox?
Detoxing is the process of removing unhealthy substances from the body for a specified amount of time. Our bodies are an amazing vehicle of healing. Every second of everyday the body is cleansing each cell, organ and system so that it can function optimally. During the detoxification process the body neutralizes harmful toxins and excretes them from the body. Detoxing occurs naturally in the body. We can aid the bodies efficiency in removing stagnant toxins through yearly cleansing.
Why Is It Important To Detox?
A build up of toxins in the body can lower our energy levels as the body works extra hard to rid the toxins that weight it down. If we are looking to shed some pounds it is vital to learn how to detox your body. The body stores toxins in adipose tissue (fat cells). When excess toxins build up in the body we often gain weight . The body encapsulates the toxin to remove the toxin from circulation and protect our vital organs. As we detox and the the weight begins to fall off we must be sure to effectively clear the toxins out of the body. For our body to effectively release the weight it is holding on to we must detox the body. This is why is it important to know how to detox your body.
Who Should Do A Detox:
Anyone who desires more energy, increased health and vitality.
How Do I Detox:
There are many detoxifying cleanses out there we could do such as a whole body food cleanse, colon cleanse, a liver & gall bladder cleanse, there’s the Master cleanse, candida cleanses, the list could go on and on. There are a lot of cleanses out there. The question is what sort of cleanse do you need to do? Most people start with a full body cleanse. Joining our Wellness Challenge is a great first step to detoxing the body. Set yourself up for success with future targeted detoxes by doing this simple challenge.
7 Tips On How To Detox Your Body
- KIS-Keep It Simple. We can begin cleansing by changing our diet. This means eliminating and adding foods that aid the body in the detoxification process which we outline in our Wellness Challenge. Click here to join our Wellness Challenge.
- Drink lots of water-We want to be sure to drink plenty of water daily. Water is a great detoxifier of the body and aides the body in eliminating stored toxins. We need to be drinking half our body weight in ounces of fresh, purified water daily. (Example: A person weighting 140 pounds needs to drink 70 ounces of water daily).
- Refrain from eating processed foods and eat more fresh foods.
- Increase our fiber intake. We should be pooping 1-3 times a day to ensure we’re properly removing toxins.
- Get moving-Exercise helps eliminate toxins through sweating and stimulates the lymphatic system. (Our lymphatic system is like the garbage men who takes away the built up toxic trash). Exercise can also get us going by stimulating the bowel.
- Frequent a dry sauna-The intense sweating you can enjoy in the sauna pushes the kidneys into detoxification mode and can clear out one-third of the toxic material from your blood stream.
- Dry brushing– Dry brushing increases blood flow, circulation and enhances detoxification through the skin. Click here to learn more about dry brushing.
Are there side effects to detoxing?
As the body flushes toxins out initially people may feel nauseas, body aches, congestion, head aches, diarrhea, rashes or flu-like symptoms. Don’t let this freak you out, push through, you are getting healthier everyday and your body is getting stronger as we proactively release our toxic overload.
How often should I detox:
It really depends on the individual and what underlying issues we may be dealing with. As a healthy adult I personally cleanse twice a year. Before beginning a cleanse be sure to consult a professional.
For more information on How To Detox Your Body or specific cleanses contact us.
Add these foods to your diet to aid in detoxing the body daily.